The choice is yours, Warid Prepaid users can decide how much balance they want to pay to recharge their account by using Warid Load facility.Warid Load gives flexibility to its subscribers to recharge their account for any amount between Rs. 30 and Rs. 5,000
|NEW/ REVISED VALIDITIES|
|Recharge Value (Rs.)||Validity (In Days)|
|1,000 and above||365|
Grace period of 90 days is awarded over and above the validity period
1. What is the date for revision of new validities?
The new validities will be applicable from 17th February, 2010 onwards.
2. What will happen to the validity of my existing balance?
The validity of your existing balance is same as communicated at the time of recharge.
3. Is there any effect on my balance due to revision in validities?
No. There will not be effect on balance amount due to revised validities.
4. What is the grace period?
Credit Grace period is the period where subscriber is not allowed to make any outgoing event (Call/ SMS etc) unless subscriber recharges. In case subscriber fails to recharge account with in grace period, the balance will be lost.
SIM Grace period is the period where all incoming events (calls/SMS) are blocked unless subscriber recharges. In case subscriber fails to recharge account within the grace period, the number can be deleted at the expiry of the grace period.
5. Which validity is higher? SIM or credit?
As long as credit is valid, SIM is valid too. However incase credit is invalid, SIM validity shall be checked as per process. Further,
- For every re-charge, SIM validity will also be extended along with credit validity
- In case of no or zero balance, SIM validity to extend 90 days from the date of the last outgoing call/SMS, incoming call or GPRS session
- If there is not any recharge reported after activation, SIM will be valid for 120 days from activation.
6. How can I check my credit validity?
Credit Validity can be checked by dialing 121 @ Rs. 0.50+tax/minute