Warid SMS Email enables you to send & receive emails 24/7 on your mobile phone without having to connect to the internet. Through this service, you can get emails instantly from popular email accounts such as Yahoo, Hotmail and Gmail. This user-friendly service manages up to 5 email accounts and can be used on all handsets. All new e-mails will be pushed to your phone instantly as e-mail alerts; you can read these e-mails in detail and reply to them immediately!
- Warid SMS Email will enable you to check and reply to emails regardless of the handset type.
- The Emails shall be pushed as SMS alerts.
- The service shall support all popular Email services including Hotmail, Yahoo and Gmail.
- You will also be provided with a web account at which you can manage your email accounts.
- The service shall be available for both Warid Postpaid and Prepaid users.
How to Register & Add Email Address:
To subscribe to the Warid SMS email service kindly follow the steps mentioned below:
- Send “Sub” to 2200 via SMS
- You will receive a Thank you message for subscribing to Warid SMS Email along with an additional message for options of adding email accounts, “Yahoo, Hotmail and Gmail”.
- Reply to the SMS choosing the desired email service by sending ‘1’, ‘2’ or ‘3’ at 2200.
- Once you receive a confirmation message, reply with User ID and Password. Example: <email@example.com><space><password>
- Once the username and password has been verified, your account will be configured against the respective Warid number.
- You can also confirm the verification status of the email account by signing into the SMS email web portal.
Subscription through Web:
In order to subscribe the service online kindly follow the below mentioned procedure:
- Click here to Register.
- Enter your Warid number in the following format 92321XXXXXXX and click on “Submit” to get subscribed. You will receive a message on your mobile to register for this service from 2200.
- In order to retrieve the password against the web portal via SMS, click on “Retrieve password by SMS” located on the homepage.
Composing an email:
- To compose an email write COMPOSE<space><recipient’s email address><space><text> and send it as an SMS to 2200.
Replying an email:
- To reply to an email write Reply<space><text> and send it as an SMS to 2200.
Forwarding an email:
- To forward an email write Forward<space>< recipient’s email address> and send it as an SMS to 2200.
Enabling email alerts:
- To enable email alerts write “Enable” and send it as an SMS to 2200.
Disabling email alerts:
- To disable email alerts write “Disable” and send it as an SMS to 2200.
- To view all available commands against the SMS Email, type “Help” and send it as an SMS to 2200.
- To check the status of your subscription type “Account” and send it as an SMS to 2200.
Delete an E-mail Account:
- In order to delete an e-mail account, simply send “Delete” to 2200. You will receive an SMS with configured for you on your mobile number. Reply with desired e-mail account to be deleted.
- Monthly subscription charges: Rs 25+tax
- Per SMS Charges: Charges of Rs 0.50+tax
Terms & Conditions:
- A customer can add up to 5 different email accounts from Hotmail, Yahoo and Gmail.
- However, there will be only one default email account, which will be used for composing emails. Moreover other recipients will receive e-mails from that particular email address.
- In case you have configured your Gmail account, you are requested to follow the below mentioned procedure:
- Go to your Gmail Inbox
- Click on “Settings”
- Click on “Forwarding and POP/IMAP”
- Check “Enable POP for mail that arrives from now” option
- Click on “Save changes”